A Large Capacity, Low Impact Refiner for Bean to Bar and Nut to Spread Makers
Our DCM Melanger 200 is a US-made, custom-built, all-Stainless Steel, tilting refiner that is plug and play ready. It has a maximum capacity of 200 lbs/90 kgs per batch.
This professional, space-efficient model is a low-impact refiner for making fine chocolate, nut and seed butters from scratch. Low-impact refining allows for maximum retention of nutritional value while at the same time preserves the shelf-life of the product.
The DCM Melanger 200 features high-quality, all-natural granite stones that refine particle size down to less than 20 microns. This machine creates great shear, enabling a faster working time. In addition, the processing efficiency allows for maximum retention of the beans’ inherent qualities, therefore, honoring their true potential to express organoleptic (fine flavor) profiles.
The DCM Melanger 200’s high-efficiency, continuous duty motor is engineered specifically to run 24/7 days year-round without the risk of overheating. No external cooling fans are needed. The machine can be safely operated for long refining times at varying speeds due to a unique motor design. The variable frequency drive system saves electricity and runs the machine efficiently. This system meets or exceeds the latest international energy efficiency standards.
A fine-tension controller adjusts stone pressure during the refining/conching stage allowing makers greater control over the finished product.
Automated drum tilting mechanism comes standard with this machine.
The machine can be operated by a single person. Door-to-door shipping worldwide.
Optional upgrades are available for this model.
- Custom-made in the USA.
- Highest-quality, USA-made components and food-grade sealants are used in all DCM Melangers.
- Only all-natural, high-quality granite stones are used in all DCM Melangers.
- Direct Drive from the fully sealed gearbox, with no belts or chains to maintain, designed for continuous use without requiring maintenance.
- Drum tilting mechanism to easily unload product. The machine can be handled by a single operator.
- This DCM Melanger model is available in a 200-230V / 400-440V model, working on Three-Phase. Power customizations are possible, contact us with your request to evaluate feasibility.
- Variable bowl speed from 0 to 120 rpm.
- All-Stainless Steel extra heavy duty frame for reliability and hygiene.
- Refiner features leveling caster wheels for convenience, the machine can be leveled on an uneven floor.
- Metal mating surfaces are rubber mounted to reduce vibration and improve performance.
- Easy-to-access Emergency Stop Button.
- Motor overload protection shuts down entire machine should it ever draw too much current at any time, preventing it from overheating.
- Fine tension controller to adjust stone pressure during the refining process provides artisans with complete control over the process.
- The machine is easy to service with a few tools and with basic knowledge.
- Spare parts are stocked and delivered quickly to avoid extended downtime.
- The motor is made in the USA
- 1 year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- Double Stainless Steel deflector blades: This upgrade allows makers to choose all-stainless steel deflector blades providing years of performance.
- Pneumatic Pressure System: This device helps to ensure that uniform force is applied between the roller stones and the bottom bed stone during production. As a result, production is more efficient and more consistent from batch to batch.
- Rapid Refiner: This upgrade helps makers control the temperature and aeration of the chocolate during the entire process thus reducing refining and conching time by as much as 30%. Helps to release the naturally present fats in the cocoa beans and nuts.
Technical Specifications and Dimensions
- UL, CE, and CSA approved motor, controls, and components.
- Motor: 3 HP
- Phase: 3
- A/C Line Input Amps: 10 amps (3 phase)
- Maximum Continuous load current 3 (RMS amps per Phase): 9 amps
- Capacity: 200 lbs/ 90 kgs of Chocolate per batch.
- Approximate overall weight: 1000 lbs/ 454 kg
- Approximate Machine Size: 44x36x66 inch / 112x92x168 cm
- Three-phase machine plug: L14-20 NEMA plug
Kindly note that these machines are custom made. All optional upgrades must be ordered and assembled at the time of purchase.
To order this item or to obtain further information, please click the Contact us
link and completely fill out the form.
NOTE: Due to continuous product improvement, design changes are made from time to time. Some changes and modifications may not be covered in this page.