DCM Rapid Refiner
The DCM Rapid Refiner is an all-stainless steel, optional upgrade component for your DCM Melanger designed to shorten refining time by up to 30%.
Available for installation on your DCM Melanger 35, 70, 100 or 150 at the time of purchase*.
The DCM Rapid Refiner features both a heater and an external fan to speed processing times as well as an internal temperature probe.
As a result, Refining and Conching can take place simultaneously; blowing air into the drum helps disperse volatiles and acrid compounds in the product, especially acetic acid.
The air circulation can be set on heating or room temperature mode to heat up or cool down the product. An internal temperature probe allows makers to accurately monitor the temperature of the chocolate.
This accessory attaches discreetly onto the back of the main frame of the machine and will not interfere with loading processes.
- Its warm air settings - up to 170°F/75°C - heat the drum and roller stones helping to release cocoa butter from the nibs thereby speeding work time.
- By warming ambient air, The DCM Rapid Refiner helps reduce humidity levels in the drum, also lowering also the moisture content of the product.
- The DCM Rapid Refiner also features a room-temperature cooling option allowing makers to run the machine at maximum speed without overheating the product. This allows for a more efficient production schedule.
- For raw makers who struggle with keeping temperatures below 107°F/42°C, this external cooling fan is a useful tool that provides better control over the temperature of the ingredients.
Technical Specifications and Dimensions
- 110 / 220V, 50/60Hz
- Single Phase
- 15 / 7 amps
- Fan air circulation capacity: 30 cfm
- Machine weight: 20 lbs /9 kg
- Dimensions: 18 x 11.5 x 10 inches / 46 x 29 x 26 cm
- Removable and washable intake air filter for easy cleaning.