||Lightly roasted almonds
||1 ⅔ cups
||Hulled hemp seeds
||1 ⅔ cups
||Hulled pumpkin seeds
- Lightly roast the almonds by placing them in a thin layer in a convection oven at 265°F/130°C for about 15 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Next, grind the almonds by pulse-crushing in a Mixer-Grinder/Cuisinart for approximately 1 minute, obtaining a fine almond flour.
- If needed, melt the coconut oil in a bain marie.
- Pour the coconut oil into the Premier Chocolate Refiner and start adding the almond flour, a little at a time, until you have a smooth paste. If necessary, gently increase the temperature using a heat gun, never exceeding 120°F/50°C.
- Let process for about an hour.
- While almonds are processing, grind the pumpkin seeds by pulse-crushing in a Mixer-Grinder/Cuisinart for approximately 1 minute until obtaining a fine pumpkin seed flour.
- Next, pour the hulled hemp seeds and the ground pumpkin seeds, 100g - roughly ½ cup at a time, into the drum making sure ingredients are evenly combining into a coarse paste before adding more.
- Let process for 3 more hours.
- Once you are pleased with the consistency of the spread, proceed with removing the contents of the drum. For optimal results, store the spread in sanitized, airtight glass jars.
Yield: Approximately 800 grams of Omega spread.
Storage:Up to 3 months in a cool, well-ventilated place in an airtight container.
A simple variation to the Omega Spread is a delicious and nutritious vinaigrette to dress all of your favourite salads, grilled vegetables, couscous and taboulè.
Simply mix all the of the ingredients together to obtain a smooth emulsion. It will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
4 tsp Omega spread
4 tsp Olive oil
3 tbls Lemon juice/white vinegar
2 tbls Water
1 tsp Honey
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Freshly ground pepper